Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Being Religious

Being religious (Christian), I noticed that in some of the Rolemaster bestiaries (at least in RMSS and RMC) they listed satan, or lucifer, the devil among the monsters. Even though only listed as a mythological creature (with no actual statistics) I really hope the VsDM designers don't follow suit and do this :/ It would be a deal-breaker for me. I am in no way whatsoever saying you shouldn't; I'm just saying I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

Otherwise, it's a great looking system and I'm very much looking forward to the 600 page offering that hopefully hits our shelves this year.

I shouldn’t worry as this is more inspired by MERP than RM. I was an avid player of both (RM2 era) and I don’t remember any such listing by ICE then.

Quote from C J on September 5, 2019, 11:11 pm

Being religious (Christian), I noticed that in some of the Rolemaster bestiaries (at least in RMSS and RMC) they listed satan, or lucifer, the devil among the monsters. Even though only listed as a mythological creature (with no actual statistics) I really hope the VsDM designers don't follow suit and do this :/ It would be a deal-breaker for me. I am in no way whatsoever saying you shouldn't; I'm just saying I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

Otherwise, it's a great looking system and I'm very much looking forward to the 600 page offering that hopefully hits our shelves this year.

We've tried to keep references to real-world religion to the minimum in Against the Darkmaster. You'll find spirits and demons (like the Faceless or the Shadowflame Demon we already mentioned in past blog posts) in the book, and some rare mentions to generic "gods", but no reference to lucifer, satan or anything like that.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

That's great news!

Thanks both for the feedback