Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Early Access Feedback

Please use this topic to leave your feedback and report any typo or error you find in the Early Access version of the Core Rules.

Thank you!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Just skimmed it a bit so far, but I love how informative it is! Only thing so far is the font is a bit hard to read because of how close some of the words are. My husband (who's dyslexic) flat-out struggles to read some of the lines. Maybe a different font for the final version, like TNR or even Open Dyslexia? Just a thought. Could just be me :p

I’m confused by the two stat generation techniques on page 14. The first generates a total of 300 points on average, the second only has 50 points?

Ah it’s explained more clearly on the next page. I’d suggest cleaning up the wording on page 14.

The Kin Bonus table doesn’t fully match the detailed descriptions. Eg has Man with 5 BG, the description says 6. Has Wildfolk with 4 WL, which seems like it should be in BG.

Quote from Hyper Lexic on January 14, 2020, 11:05 pm

The Kin Bonus table doesn’t fully match the detailed descriptions. Eg has Man with 5 BG, the description says 6. Has Wildfolk with 4 WL, which seems like it should be in BG.

Hey Hyper Lexic. You're right, this was a misprint! We included an old version of the table instead of the latest. We're going to fix this ASAP and send an amended copy of the PDF to everyone. Thank you for you feedback!

For no one in this world you can trust, my son. Not man, not woman, not beast. But STEEL... this, you can trust!
Quote from MunchCat on January 14, 2020, 10:19 pm

Just skimmed it a bit so far, but I love how informative it is! Only thing so far is the font is a bit hard to read because of how close some of the words are. My husband (who's dyslexic) flat-out struggles to read some of the lines. Maybe a different font for the final version, like TNR or even Open Dyslexia? Just a thought. Could just be me :p

Hi MunchCat. Thank you for your feedback.
Yes we noticed ourselves the font looks a little cluttered here and there, although we opted for a highly readable Serif. Probably we may want to enlarge it a little, add some more line spacing or revise the kerning/use different glyphs. Please note that this is a very first draft version and the layout, and the whole typography, could and will probably change a lot in the final revision!

For no one in this world you can trust, my son. Not man, not woman, not beast. But STEEL... this, you can trust!
Quote from SOLIDToM on January 15, 2020, 10:47 am

We included an old version of the table instead of the latest.

Phew! For a second I thought I was blind enough not to notice an error of this calibre 😀

Quote from Ynas Midgard on January 15, 2020, 11:21 am
Quote from SOLIDToM on January 15, 2020, 10:47 am

We included an old version of the table instead of the latest.

Phew! For a second I thought I was blind enough not to notice an error of this calibre 😀

I don't want to point fingers, but it's Nik's fault. 😀

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Reading through the text, I found some issues:

• Page 17, Table: Filborg positive numbers need a "+"
  • Page 18, first line: "on-time" should be "one-time".
  • Page 32, paragraph 5: what is a hunting bow? Short, composite or long bow?
  • Page 64, paragraph 6: "as long as you and the chosen companion are within sight of each other, both of you gain a +5 bonus to your DEF and Save Roll". Does these bonuses stack? For example, if two characters have the same Background option and they share that bond. Or if several characters choose that Background option with the same other character.
  • Page, 68, second column, paragraph 6: "Treat a Critical Strike they scored as if inflicted by a Slayer weapon, adding a +20 bonus to their Critical Strike Roll". However, what I have read in other section is that Slayer weapon critical strikes are treated always as Lethal (+50 to the critical roll). Does this add an additional +20 to the +50?
  • Page 98, second column, after the table: Why the "Strider" (is this an old vocation?) and the Elf count as half for the Camping Roll? I can't find it explained elsewhere
  • Page 114: Wow! Quite impressive weapons table. Any chance we could get stats for a blowpipe and a net? 😀
  • Page 154: the tables appear overlapped with the text
  • Page 196, second column, Creature Type: I understand that when a criature is B (beast-like) we should use the Beast Critical Strikes on page 330, instead of the conventional Critical Strike (Impact, Cut, Fire, etc.) corresponding to the weapon/attack we are using, right? I can't find if it is explained elsewhere. In that case, the critical is also modified according to severity? I remember that in MERP it was modified according to the weapon quality (magical, mithril, sacred, slayer) but again I haven't found anything about it (perhaps I missed it).
  • Page 247, second column, last paragraph: The explanation about how many times a warping option can be selected is duplicated. And a doubt related with Warping a spell: I didn't find it written, but I understand that in order to warp a spell, the level of the caster must be equal or higher than the weave of the warped spell (i.e., a 1st weave spell with a +2 weave warping option can't be cast by a 1st or 2nd level character, but for a 3rd or higher).

And that's all for now. I will follow avidly reading the text, and will let you know if I find anything else. I love what you have done with this game, guys.