Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Early Access Feedback

Some more, to add to @caronte's:

• Page 73, first column, "taking the time" section:"...the player can declare [SPACE] the character..."
  • Page 101, second column, first paragraph: "...but could LEND(?) them to the heroes..."
  • Page 137, "knock down" section:"...attempt to make an opponent FALLs to the ground..."
  • Page 171, first column, ante-penultimate paragraph: You can choose onE of the players to do it..."

It's exciting to have a first draft, keep up the good work, guys!

I'm just doing a read through for fun, and I found something:

Page 32, third paragraph of the Fey culture description: the word "imperscrutabile" should be translated into English as "inscrutable."

OK, a few more things I have detected:

• Page 73, Skill Rolls Difficulty Table: the headings do not correspond with the columns
  • Page 75, first column, second black point: What happens with ties? Who win the conflictiong action in that case?
  • Page 75, Save Rolls Table: There is no explanation elsewhere regarding that SR Bonus and SR Difficulty progressions change after level 10.
  • Page 79, Stat MP level gain: what happens when you increase a stat during the game and are granted more MP? Is it retroactive or only from your character present level onwards?
  • Page 115, 2nd column: I have some concerns about how the Heavy Quality for weapons works if they must be ready every combat round. According to the present rules, anyone using a Heavy weapon will get a permanent -20 to attack every round, because using Half Action and then a Full Action to attack implies that penalty. I think that is an excessive drawback for these weapons, adding that you can't use a shield and your parrying is limited to half your CMB. And attacking just once every two rounds during a combat is really a no way (at least for me). That will make using those weapons impractical for the game.

I'll keep reading 😉

Thanks everyone!

I'm here to say that even if we don't answer to every post, we're still watching the thread, and taking notes for the next release!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
  • Page 248 and further: Stat bonus in some Spell Lores are indicated as WIS, so I don't know if that refers to WISDOM (WSD) or WITS (WIT)

A new batch of issues through the Spell Lore section:

• There are several spells (for example, Suppress Curse, page 252) indicating that the caster makes a Save Roll againts whatever the spell affects (in the previous spell, the Curse). However, this makes no sense, because the Spell Casting Table gives a difficulty for the Target, and no for the caster, so it seems more logical that the target of the spell (the Curse in the example) is the subject who makes the Save Roll against the Caster Level with the difficulty obtained.
  • Some spells (for example, Flaming Weapon, page 265) make a weapon to cause an additional Critical upon "hit". What does "hit" exactly means: hitting the target starting with 0 HP result in the attack table, causing at least 1 HP, or delivering at least a Superficial Critical?
  • Page 268, Magic Shield: It can't be combined with a normal shield but, can several Magic Shield be cast for protecting the Caster from different sides? For example, one in front and one in each flank.
  • Page 274, Eldritch Secrets description: It is wrong, I think there is a Copy/Paste issue here 😀
  • Page 308, Skirmishing Mastery and other similar spells: I find some conflicting issues with some of these spells. They are instantaneous (Half Action) and grant a bonus for an attack in the same round (Full Action), so we have the problem of the -20 penalty for Half and Full Action in the same round, which makes no sense. For example, Marksmanship grants a +30 bonus to the next Ranged attack made during that same round, but with a -20 penalty, the real bonus is just +10. I think this kind of spells should grant the attacks as part of the spell, perhaps consuming another Half Action of the turn, avoiding the extra -20 penalty.
  • Page 239, Area Spells Stats: I don't see other Area Spells described in the Grimoire that probably should be included here, such as Rock Shards and others.

I feel like the bad guy chasing the mistakes (he, he), but I understand that is what you need. In addition, I mark and comment not only grammar errors, but also explanations and things that I found a little bit confusing or misleading, in case you need to check how they are written and explained. I hope this will help to improve the text 😉

Quote from Alex Perez on January 20, 2020, 9:46 pm

I feel like the bad guy chasing the mistakes (he, he), but I understand that is what you need. In addition, I mark and comment not only grammar errors, but also explanations and things that I found a little bit confusing or misleading, in case you need to check how they are written and explained. I hope this will help to improve the text 😉

Yep, that's what we need! As I've said, we're already working with @ynas-midgard on the editing, but knowing which parts need more attention definitely help!

• About the weird caster save-granting spells such as Suppress Curse, it's a bit counterintuitive perhaps, but during playtest we found that in certain cases having the target make the SR could cause some problems.
  • A "0" result on the Attack Table means the target is hit, thus triggering the Spell (see "Reading the Attack Tables" paragraph in the Combat chapter).
  • As for the Magic Shield, remember that multiple istances of the same Spell never stack!
Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Hi, I'm not quite the native speaker but this sounds wrong:

"Those weapons must me made to measure to be exactly the same balance of each other." (Alpha document, Page 53, dual weapons Training)

Quote from Topramesk on January 20, 2020, 10:40 pm
  • About the weird caster save-granting spells such as Suppress Curse, it's a bit counterintuitive perhaps, but during playtest we found that in certain cases having the target make the SR could cause some problems.

OK, understood. But then, how should we read the outcome from the Spell Casting Table? Because it gives an increasing dificulty for the Save Roll, but it makes no sense for the Caster to get less chances of success with better casting roll. Is there a way to convert such result in a bonus for the caster? Perhaps that table needs another column with SR Bonus, similar to the one on page 75 (Save Rolls Table).

The caster's Save Roll isn't influenced by the Spell Casting Roll, it's a Save Roll against the Attack Level of the target (the curse, in this case), without other modifiers.