Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

ETA?

Any date set as to when the game is out?

Hi!

The kickstarter for the full rules of the game will launch this autumn, while later this month we'll release the updated "Deluxe" Quickstart Rules, featuring a new layout, some rules fixes and quite a lot of gorgeous illustrations!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Only recently learned of VsD, and while it's not intended to be a direct clone of MERP, I'm finding that the small bit I've read through over the past week (busy work week) has made sense of those "are we doing this right?" MERP sessions we played 25-30 years ago, and all due to one thing you're doing right ICE did wrong: a clean, clear, organized layout! I'm finally understanding stuff we used to guess at that I literally haven't looked at in 30 years, just from a quick glance at a page or two of your quick start. Thank you.

Definitely looking forward to the Kickstarter.

Hi and, first of all, welcome to the forums!

That's high praise for us, because one of our main goals was to make the game as easy to understand and use as possible. MERP was a fantastic game, but I think that most of its reputation for being hard was due to the fact that the book was poorly organized. Once you "get it", it's actually a quite straightforward game.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Will the .pdf be released before the hardcovers?

Quote from Newton Philis on February 2, 2020, 8:59 pm

Will the .pdf be released before the hardcovers?

Yes!