Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Get rid of save rolls?

Well yes, we're trying to polish and streamline the mechanics as much as we can, without losing the "spirit" of the game.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

I was also going to suggest unifying the resistance rolls and skills, mostly because resistance rolls seemed more fiddly than skills at the table. If one of your stated design goals is unified mechanics, the resistance rolls sort of stick out to a first-time reader as a sore thumb. Having an RM background, I see why these rules were included, but I wonder if this isn't a darling that needs to be killed.

We're trying to see if we can find a good way of making them more similar to how Skills work without having to actually turn them into Skills. Not an easy task, as Tom said, but we'll keep thinking and see how it turns out!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

So, we might have reached a turning point here!

After addressing the topic different times, and testing different things in the past months, now we might have finally reached a solution that we find satisfactory. It still need to be polished a bit, and we still need to test a couple of things, to make sure everything is mathematically sound, but we're optimistic.

We'll talk more about it soon!