Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Having fun updating my game world of Kelleemah to VsD

My world was loosely inspired by the Celtic Migration mythology of England. Various races were shifted to this realm against their will at different periods creating the various cultures that now exist (very simplified for the post). When the elves came to this world, their gods did not come as well, unlike the gods of the other races that are now trapped here.  As such, the elves lost their immortality and only live around 1,000 years.  This runs counter to VsD, but it is core to the world and my many campaigns (don't want to let the cat out of the bag). There are 13 elves that have lived far longer, they are all white-haired and are even starting to show wrinkles (the horror...Lol!). As such, they are often referred to as the White Elves many of their people are beginning to believe that the White Elves may become their new gods. This is my first step at updating Kelleemah for VsD.

Alaheru, Hosta Eldain, the Ancient One, and the Head of our Order.

Towards the end of the Faith Wars, Alaheru, a wizard of Elena Arda, decided to gather all of the White Elves together to form the Hosta Eldain (Assembly of Elves). We are very old, so old that our hair has turned white, and our skin has begun to wrinkle. We have lived far longer than we should have; for Elves now live about 1,000 years. Unlike the other races of Kelleemah, our gods were not dragged here with us and our people lost their immortality. Some believe that we have been chosen to be the new gods of the Elves. Alaheru is the oldest I think, but I am not sure. At the time, we did not know how many of us there were. Alaheru used his magic to find and summon us to his tower in Elena Arda; very powerful magic that could reach the far corners of Kelleemah. Magic I am afraid, that may have come with a price. Although we do not consider ourselves gods in any way, some of our people have begun praying to us. I can feel them, like whispers in another room. In all, there are thirteen of us. We are very powerful, but we are not all good. We represent all of our people and we are not without faults. I for one, do not wish to become a god, for I have met my share. The Hosta Eldain is important though, and Alaheru is a wise and good leader.

Signed,

Athair, Hosta Eldain, the Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.

Canafinwe, Hosta Eldain, the Shining Queen, and Bearer of Helce.

Canafinwe is a lifelong friend of Alaheru. She is also the Great Grandmother of King Alca. Canafinwe commands the famed unicorn cavalry of Elena Arda; an all-female host. Her skills as a rider and a warrior are legendary. The Royal Regiment has benefited greatly from her leadership and training. She is also the bearer of the ancient spear of Helce, a mighty artifact handed down through the generations from Hande, the very first King of the Elves. It was her idea to use magic to find and summon the White Elves. She had envisioned a grand hall full of our people’s finest heroes. Let’s just say, that it did not work out exactly the way she imagined.

Signed,

Eregaha, Hosta Eldain, the Hunter, and the Deliverer of Vengeance.

Eregaha is from Elena Arda and is friends with both Alaheru and Canafenwe. They were brought to this world together. He has been hunting the vilest of creatures since the end of the Second Shamad War when the Fey were drawn into the lands of Kelleemah. He seeks out and destroys evil beings of all types, but has a particular hatred of the Anee (Demons). Many of the Anee were left behind during each of the demonic wars and are hidden throughout Kelleemah. Some of these have even attracted followers to do their bidding. He is driven to find and destroy these cults of evil; at any cost.

Signed,

Sireadh, Hosta Eldain, the Wanderer, and Spy Master.

Sireadh is from the north. He is an adventurer and a sellsword that has traveled the world. He is now one of the Hosta Eldain. He has set up a ring of spies and observers throughout Kelleemah that keeps a constant watch on all that goes on and sends regular reports to the Hosta Eldain. His network is everywhere, from the wilds, the realms of evil, to the slums, and even among society’s elite. There are few things that happen in Keleemah that do not eventually reach the ears of Sireadh.

Signed,

Foenbess, Hosta Eldain, the White Maiden, and Lady Sorrow.

Foenbess is the spouse of Faerglir and is a healer. She met Faerglir in the survivor camps where she tended to the injured during the Third Shamad War. Although her specialty was in healing magic, she used her medical training more, for there were far too many wounded for her to use magic on. Each spell exacted a toll on her and she could only memorize so many spells at a time. Even then, finding the spell components took more precious effort and time than she had in all of the chaos. She kept the healing magic for the worst of cases, but even then it often came down to numbers. A spell may save a young elf's life with the most grievous of injuries, or she could save four others who were not as bad off, but would only survive if she used her magic. I can only imagine the hard decisions that were forced upon her. I am glad that she has Faerglir to soothe her troubled spirit.

Signed,

Faerglir, Hosta Eldain, the Spirit Soother, and the Legend Keeper.

Faerglir is the husband of Foenbess. They are the only married couple within the Hosta Eldain. They had met during the Third Shamad War while tending to the survivors of the disaster that created the shattered isles and fractured the world of Kelleemah. They were married there, among the greatest loss of lives that anyone had ever seen. The races of the fay may never fully recover. Fairglir helped with everyday tasks in the survivor camps and played tunes to help soothe their spirits. He is a gifted musician and poet and he has captured much of our history and legends in his songs. But, it was his songs of life and love that brought hope to many in those dark times.

Signed,

Caraid-an-Draoldh, Hosta Eldain, the Sisters of the Grove, and the High Druids of the Dusk Elves.

Normally, this position is held by a single person. But, Caraid-an-Draoldh are identical twins. They are the same in almost every way. There are but two differences between them, where they part their hair, and the magic that they use. All Dusk Elf Druids are noble-born and as such, are full-blooded Elves. Elvin twins do all things together out of tradition; this is why both get to serve as the High Druid. There is not much to really say about the twins, for they are very formal in their ways and speech. The Druids hold a special place among the Dusk Elves that commands respect. It was an attitude that filled the room like a fine fragrance that was overpowering.

Signed,

Fiadhaich, Hosta Eldain, the Rager, and the Scourge of the Vigaferli.

Fiadhaich is one of the Huldafolk, the Hidden People. It is a name given to the Dusk Elves by the men of the north.  These elves live in the far north in the lands of Sutheimr and in the northern Beorgumende. Fiadhaich hales from the hidden kingdom of Gleann-nan-lochan (Valley of the Lakes); which is located north of the Grendelkjarr in Sutheimr. Fiadhaich had lost his family to a raid by the Vigaferli a very long time ago; before the coming of mankind. He left his people and dwelt with the Tuniit in the wilds of the north. The Tuniit is one of the old ones that were here before the coming of the fey to Kelleemah and appear to be related to mankind. Along with the Tuniit, he waged war on the Vigaferli; hunting and ambushing them. The Tuniit were a good people, but not long after the coming of man, a plague took most of them. They retreated to the barren northlands except in central Sutheimr where some dwell to this day. With the plague and the migrations northward, his kin completely lost contact with Fiadhaich. None of his people believed that he was still alive until he arrived at the tower. He has lived with the primitive Tuniit for longer than he has lived with his own kin, he is no longer Elvish in the minds of some. He can only speak a few Elvin words and sits quietly when not engaged. He always seems to have a scowl on his face and sometimes mutters in the simple language of the Tuniit. Fiadhaich has lost his way and has become wild. He is still full of anger and only finds joy in battle. He is what is known among the Vagoth as a Berserker, what we call, a Rager.

Signed,

Laew, Hosta Eldain, the King of Fools, and the Prince of Knaves.

I have been friends with Laew for longer than most beings in this world have been alive. I count him as a friend, even if I am disappointed in his behavior from time to time. Most of Elvin kind look down on him for he has little in the way of dignity. He is a fool and foul-mouthed. He is a drunkard and a womanizer. He is a practitioner of illusion and is an exceptional thief. But, I have never seen him kill anyone unless he was defending himself or another. He is a humble being and helps many who are in need. He is a vagabond for sure, but we served together in the Third Shamad War and I can tell you, he is cautious, but he is no coward. He always appears as a jester but wears a wide-brimmed traveling hat. I have never seen the true Laew though. I do not know why, but he always cloaks himself in illusion and like me, has never revealed his true name. Alaheru could not even peer through his veil. You could tell that Laew felt very awkward during our first meeting at the tower, but Laew sure did appreciate his rare wine collection.

Signed,