Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Pregens and cheat sheet updated

In case you missed it, we uploaded an updated version of the pregenerated characters, character sheet and cheat sheet, to bring them on par with the current Quickstart Rules.

As always, you can find them in the Download section of our website.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

The cheat sheet is absolutely gravy for reference, and the character sheet is really clean. It's really impressive that so much information is on two pages, and isn't cluttered, or hard to find.

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. Roald Dahl

Thanks! Glad you liked them ^_^

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

The pregenerated characters are handy but I was curious about a couple of things. I know this isn't the finished product and there are only 4 out of the 6 classes in the Quickstart (currently excluding Champion and Dabbler). As it stands now for the "iconics" there are 2 Warrior, 2 Rogues, a Wizard, and an Animist. In the Maedoc vs Maedoc blog entry you discussed eliminating the Strider vocation and rolling Maedoc into a Fighter or Rogue. In the final product do you think we will see an "iconic" for each vocation like they do in Pathfinder? I'd love to see a single iconic character for each vocation, and for them all to be gracing the cover in the future. There are currently six characters on the cover and six vocations... coincidence? I think not! I'm not sure where this would leave poor Maedoc if so since he can't be a Wizard, Champion or Dabbler. Also maybe one of the Fighters could become a Champion? I feel this would make for a well rounded fellowship (pun intended) of pregenerated characters for new players to choose from. Also optionally, the art could be used in front of each vocation which would really give you a feel for the class when you were flipping through the book/PDF. Anyways I realize this has become a bit long winded so thank you for your time.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Yes, we do have at least one iconic for each Vocation (and even a few "iconic" baddies, you may have already spotted some of them hedre and there in the Quickstart and our blog posts). Surely some of them will feature on the cover of the full rules, with others joining them in the internal artwork. As for the pregenerated characters, we plan to release more of them (probably not direclty tied to the introductory scenario this time) before the end of the KS campaign. The idea, in the end, is of having at least one ready to play character for each Vocation.