Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Reporting Typos

Languages was listed in the table on page 31, but has no description on page 33.

Why is Songs & Tales BEA based and not Wits?

The chart on page 30 is lacking Cultures under Lore.

Page 53: Vocation based experience doesn't include Dabbler or Champion.

There's no Dabbler grimoire.

Quote from Jason Coplen on April 24, 2019, 2:43 am

Page 29 shows 4 vocations, but page 30 adds Dabbler and Champion in the table. This looks like a big whoops, we forgot moment.

I'm making a character so my replies here might be slow, but as soon as I catch something I'll post it.

Hi Jason, welcome to the forums.
The Champion and Dabbler professions are in the tables, but not described in depth in the Quickstart Rules. They will be there in the Full Rules. This is made purposedly to tease a little about the full rules, but at the same time giving players a hint of what they might be a maybe start exploring the possibilities.
Thank you for your other reports!

For no one in this world you can trust, my son. Not man, not woman, not beast. But STEEL... this, you can trust!
Quote from Jason Coplen on April 24, 2019, 3:50 am

Why is Songs & Tales BEA based and not Wits?

Because Songs & Tales is meant to be not just a simple academic skill, like Arcana and Cultures are.
Song & Tales is used to remember the songs and tales of old, of course, but also to perform and possibly reenact them.
It is the ability of medieval troubadours and bards, that were not scholars, but performers and poets.

For no one in this world you can trust, my son. Not man, not woman, not beast. But STEEL... this, you can trust!

(Huh, I thought I'd already posted it)

How does Maedoc the Cunning have 4 ranks in Blunt? None were given by his Culture (Weald), and he only gets 3 DPs in the Combat category (and even then, he only gets to spend 2 of them on the same skill).

Now, let's assume he spends 2 DPs on Blunt and the rank increases from Exceptional Training as well, so he gets those 4 ranks. Now he's only got 1 DP left - yet he had to raise Ranged from 1 rank to 3 somehow.

Hm, okay, come to think of it, the problem isn't with Blunt but with Ranged.

Never mind, I posted it in another thread 😀