Forum

September 17, 2018 0 comments

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What’s next?

Quote from Jakob Schmidt on March 7, 2021, 11:05 am
Quote from Nevander on March 1, 2021, 11:44 pm

AND I WANT A ROBERT E. HOWARD CONAN INSPIRED VERSION OF THE GAME FOR SWORD & SORCERY WITH APPROPRIATE MAGIC AND SUCH!

Okay, I know this is more Leiber than Howard, but "Swords Against the Darkmaster" sounds like a good title.

That is an AWESOME title!

Some other maybe not as good possibilities:

The Coming of the Darkmaster

The Rise of the Darkmaster

The Bloody Crown of the Darkmaster

Swords Against the Darkmaster rules.

Thinking about what was cool about MERP, I noticed that I kind of appreciated how they geographically went before the core regions ... I can't really say if their material about Far Harad or the sea of Rhun was very good, because back then, I stuck to reading German, and none of geographically more distant regions were ever translated. I do have very fond memories of "Woses of the Black Wood" and "Pirates at Pelargir" though, which at least touched at regions that were culturally very different from what you would expect from a LotR rpg.

What I'm trying to say is that that might be another interesting route for vsD to take; at the moment, the game feels very focused on fantasy Europe (or maybe even fantasy England), which makes sense. But it's core themes could certainly be expanded beyond those horizons, giving us equivalents of places like Far Harad.

Charles Robinson has reacted to this post.
Charles Robinson